Shopko Review Guidelines (January 2014)
We welcome feedback on our products from our customers. To help other customers in their decision-making process, we recommend that you utilize these guidelines when submitting content for a review. Following these guidelines will help ensure your review is posted for others to benefit from.
- Be clear and concise. Keep your review between 75 and 300 words. Your review should be something that others can quickly read to get important information.
- Stay on topic. Please focus only on the product and what you like or dislike about that product. Your review should not focus on customer service, shipping, or packaging questions. If you have questions regarding these areas or have a specific product question we ask that you contact our customer service team directly.
- Be accurate. Provide feedback that is accurate and truthful (preferably based on your own experience with the product).
- Spelling. Be sure to check spelling and grammar before you submit. We do not edit for correctness once reviews are submitted.
Note: Product reviews will not be posted if the reviewer does not have experience using the product. All reviews must be written in English. We reserve the right not to post a product review or remove a product review for any reason, including if the review contains any of the following:
- Obscenities, defamatory or derogatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
- Any information that isn't related to the actual merchandise
- References to competitors, prices, offers, or other websites
- Advertisements, marketing, sales information, commercial solicitation or any other form of "spam", and/or links to websites
- Content that contains profanity, hate speech, violence, or any other remarks that could be considered harmful
- Statements that are threatening, intimidating, harassing, abusive, slanderous, or embarrassing to any other person or entity
- Images that demonstrate incorrect or inappropriate use of product
- Personal information including phone numbers, email addresses, or other identifiable information (If you use your name in connection with your product review, this personal information will become public information available to site visitors and the general public. Once disclosed to the public, your personal information may be redistributed through the Internet or other media channels. We are not responsible for the use or disclosure of any personal information that you voluntarily disclose in connection with your product reviews.)
- Reviews that contain multiple symbols or are limited to one word
- Anything that contains "spoiler" information for customers who are reading the reviews especially regarding book or DVD's
- Availability or alternative ordering/shipping information
- Solicitations for helpful votes
- More than one review per item
- Content that is false, inaccurate, misleading, or violates any applicable laws
- Content that contains malware
- Users impersonating or posing as other members including celebrities, public figures, brands, or editors in names or statements.
- Content that is not relevant to the article, product, or discussion
- Critical or spiteful comments about other reviews (or their authors) posted on the product details page
Generally reviews are posted online within 48 hours. If you see that your review hasn’t been posted after that time, it may have violated one of the guidelines above and therefore did not get approved. Shopko has the right to remove any review at our sole discretion and without notice if we believe that the content is in violation of these guidelines.
Reviews submitted are strictly opinions and are not endorsed by Shopko. Do not imply that your opinion is endorsed or that you are speaking on behalf of Shopko.
If you wish to share feedback with us regarding product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery, or other customer service issues, please contact us directly. Do not submit feedback through a product review.
Shopko reserves the right to make changes to these Review Guidelines at any time and such changes will be effective immediately upon being posted here.