Kids Making a Difference
Shopko wants to celebrate kids who are making a positive impact in their community and beyond! If you are involved in a community service project that has made a difference in the lives of others, we encourage you to apply!
Shopko’s Kids Making a Difference program will honor ten (10) outstanding young leaders ages 6-12. Applicants will have the opportunity to serve as Shopko’s Kick-off Kid at Lambeau Field, home to the Green Bay Packers, one of the most storied franchises in professional sports.
Kids Making a Difference welcomes applications from kids who are, as of July 31, 2019:
- Between the ages of 6 and 12
- Permanent residents of and currently residing in Wisconsin
- Currently working on an inspiring service project or have done so within the past 12 months. Previously selected activities are not eligible for 2019 Kids Making a Difference Program
Kids Making a Difference does not discriminate against its applicants based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
MUST COMPLETE ALL FORMS TO BE CONSIDERED
Complete Application Form
Essay from Applicant
application process timeline
June, 3 2018 - Application acceptance begins
June 1, 2019* - APPLICATION DEADLINE: ALL COMPLETED MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED
By June 7, 2019 - Ten (10) recipients will be selected. Recipients will be notified via email and/or phone.
*Shopko reserves the right to extend the deadline based on limited entries.
SELECTED KICK-OFF KIDS RECEIVE
- - Four (4) tickets to a Packers home game
- - Once-in-a-lifetime experience of being Kick-off Kid at Lambeau Field
- - Kids Making a Difference story feature and photo on the back cover of the Packers game day program
- - Featured on the Tundra Vision screen
- - Story and photo featured on shopko.com, Shopko social media, and in-store
Recipients will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Recipients must have organized and led a service activity which has positively impacted others and/or their community.
- The service activity must have been initiated and inspired primarily by the recipient himself or herself
- The service activity cannot have been done solely to complete an assigment for school or work.
- Recipients must:
- Have demonstrated an exceptional commitment to the community and/or others.
- Be an excellent role model and motivate others to make a difference.
Please read the requirements and Official Rules before you begin the application process.
- Applications and all required materials must be completed and received by our deadline of 11:59 PM CT on June 1, 2019.
- Applications must include a reference form from an adult advocate who has solid knowledge of the applicant’s service activity. Examples of acceptable references include teachers, librarians, school counselors, youth service representatives, and religious leaders.
- Members of the applicant’s family cannot act as a reference.
- All required application materials including completed application form, essay from applicant, and reference form must be in included in submission. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Note: Application form and reference form can be submitted separately
- Contents of the application are considered public information once submitted and should not include private or confidential information.