Community Charitable Grants
The Foundation views each community where Shopko has operations as our "hometown." We appreciate the opportunity to do business in these communities and strive to strengthen them through support of charitable events and activities which promote healthy lifestyles and educational opportunities for residents.
In general, the Shopko Foundation does not support the following:
- Advertising in event programs or yearbooks
- Contests or pageants
- Fundraising events (walks, races, tournaments, dinners, etc.)
- In-kind donations including requests for merchandise or gift cards
- National non-profit or charitable organizations
- Organizations whose services do not benefit the community at large
- Religious organizations (however gifts designated for, and restricted to, human services or humanitarian purposes may be eligible)
- Re-granting funds to another organization or entity
- Events which provide assistance to a specific individual
- Events with multiple or competing business sponsors
- Scholarship Programs (other than the Shopko Teammate & Family Member Scholarship Program)
- Programs or events outside of Shopko communities
- Capital Campaigns, rebuilding expenses
- Family foundations, personal trusts, private foundations, etc.
- Grants benefiting specific individuals or sponsorships for individuals or teams participating in cause-related events
- Memberships, registration fees, including association/chamber memberships
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of sex, creed, national origin or religion
- Political or fraternal organizations
- Private child daycare facilities
- Salaries, stipends, tips and rewards
- Sponsorship of cultural exhibits
- Charitable requests in support of raffle, auctions, benefits or similar fund raising events
- Programs or events that do not support the Foundation's mission
Green Bay Area Community Grant Program
The Foundation strives to enhance the quality of life in the Green Bay area through charitable causes, events and activities that support healthy lifestyles for residents. Our goal is to make our community a better place to live by supporting programs and services that improve the health and education of its residents.
Grants awarded through this program support larger or long-term community wide projects. apply online
TEAMMATE CHARITABLE SERVICE CHALLENGE
Supporting the communities we serve is “the stuff that counts”.
Community engagement is an important part of the culture at Shopko, and we encourage all teammates to give back by supporting the communities in which we live and work. Whether you choose to take part in an organized community volunteer event, volunteer on your own, or raise money for a non-profit, it all counts.
Our goal is to sponsor charitable causes that are supported in a meaningful way by our teammates and support the Foundation’s stated mission of encouraging the health and education of Shopko customers, teammates and communities. Teammates who volunteer their time for a non-profit organization in their community are eligible to receive a Teammate Charitable Service Challenge Grant from the Foundation.
TEAMMATE CHARITABLE SERVICE CHALLENGE GUIDELINES
To learn more about the Shopko Foundation Teammate Charitable Service Challenge, please review the guidelines.
TEAMMATE CHARITABLE SERVICE CHALLENGE POLICY
LOG YOUR HOURS & ORDER YOUR SHOPKO FOUNDATION VOLUNTEER T-SHIRT
To register your volunteer hours and order your Shopko Foundation Volunteer T-Shirt, please visit Shopko Today > Departments > Shopko Foundation > Teammate Charitable Service Challenge