Shopko was founded by Pharmacist James Ruben in 1962. Serving over 300 communities in 21 states, we have remained true to his vision of being a mass retailer whose cornerstone is community health.
Exciting growth within Shopko means Pharmacist and Pharmacy Technician opportunities in many geographic areas within Shopko’s retail and long-term care environments!
Community Pharmacist Careers
Why Shopko Pharmacy?
- Time for Patient Care: Shopko offers time and support for patient consultations and community involvement
- Support: Experienced, trained Pharmacy Technician support (average company ratio of 3 Technicians to 1 Pharmacist), and experienced Shopko internal relief pharmacist pool
- Empowerment: Pharmacist-led leadership team that encourages, and allows time and resources for Disease State Management (DSM) programs that best fit the needs of your patients and community, as well as build business and community partnerships
- Internal Development & Stability: Career opportunities due to Shopko’s rapid growth in local communities, and strong focus on promotion from within
- Flexible Scheduling: Shopko offers a variety of schedules (Full-time, Flex-Pharm 20, and Relief)
- Flex-Pharm 20: Work an average of only 20 hours a week and receive full-time benefits!
- Opportunities through Shopko’s retail formats include:
- Pharmacy Manager
- Relief Pharmacist
- Regional Pharmacy Supervisor
- Type: Shopko’s original “big box” store format, serving communities for over 50 years
- Offers: Strong retail health foundation with pharmacy, optometric services, fast-care clinics in some locations, and patient immunizations (flu shots, shingles vaccine), along with a full assortment of apparel, home décor, family basics, and seasonal merchandise
- Shopko Hometown
- Type: Shopko’s newest retail format, about half the size of Shopko’s original store format
- Location: Smaller towns and communities with population under 10,000
- Offers: Convenient health care option for patients in their hometown, along with an assortment of apparel, home décor, family basics and seasonal merchandise
- Shopko Express
- Type: Neighborhood drugstore format
- Location: 5 locations in midsized communities throughout Wisconsin
- Offers: Expanded over-the-counter medication selection, limited selection of general and convenience merchandise
RxCare Long-Term Care Pharmacist Careers
Shopko RxCare provides the best of both worlds in long-term care (LTC) pharmacy to the communities we serve; servicing nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, and assisted living facilities. We combine the strength and support of Shopko’s industry-leading team of retail professionals with the hometown care of your local pharmacy.
- Opportunities through Shopko RxCare include:
- Pharmacist in Charge
- Consultant Pharmacist
- Relief Pharmacist
Shopko fosters a friendly, team-oriented environment on the inside in order to serve our customers “with care” on the outside.
Pharmacy Technician Careers
As a Pharmacy Technician with Shopko, you will:
- Play an integral role in the successful operation of the pharmacy by providing professional patient care and exceptional customer service experience to all patients
- Perform prescription preparation, packaging and dispensing functions
- Learn and work alongside knowledgeable and compassionate healthcare professionals
Proud of our strong retail health heritage, Shopko has implemented multiple student and educational programs to promote the Pharmacy profession, including Internships, Pharmacy Student Loans, and Pharmacy Student Shadow opportunities.
Please visit our campus recruiting webpage to learn more.