My Store - Retail Health Careers
Shopko was founded by a Pharmacist, James Ruben, in 1962. Operating over 140 pharmacies in 13 states, we have
remained true to his vision of being a mass retailer whose cornerstone is community health.
Shopko is a leader in pharmacist support. Some examples of our patient-focused care include:
- Experienced & Trained Technician Support (average company ratio of 3 Technicians to 1 Pharmacist)
- Empowered Pharmacists led by a licensed Pharmacist regional and corporate senior leadership team
- Strong focus on promotion from within
- Time for disease state management programs or building business & community partnerships
- Disease State Management
With a growing focus on total healthcare management, Shopko pharmacists play an active role in the overall healthcare
of their patients and customers. Our pharmacists are given the time and support to educate and answer patient
- Shopko Pharmacists
enjoy the freedom to choose Disease State Management Programs that are of interest to them
and best serve their community. With support from the Pharmacy leadership team, Shopko Pharmacists have been
able to provide valuable services to their communities as well as build these services into their business strategy.
- Shopko Express
The newest addition to the Shopko roster of stores is Shopko Express. This neighborhood drugstore format provides
customers with pharmacy services, an extensive over-the-counter medication selection, and other convenience items.
Located in Wisconsin, these stores will be a growth vehicle for Shopko to expand services in new and existing Shopko
- Our Pharmacists fill approximately 12 million prescriptions a year
- Full-time benefits are offered for Pharmacists who average 20 hours per week or more
“Total team eye care” is our philosophy. Patient-focused and lifestyle-driven, our goal is to meet individual patient
needs and find eye care solutions to satisfy those needs.
- Doctors of Optometry
Doctors of Optometry at Shopko Eyecare Centers provide complete eye care services including eye exams, contact
lens fitting, and diagnosis and treatment of eye disease. Optometric practice at Shopko includes visual field analysis,
and cataract and refractive surgery co-management. As trusted community healthcare professionals, our doctors are dedicated
to bringing superior healthcare to all of our patients through open communication. We seek doctors who welcome the opportunity
to practice their profession in a friendly environment staffed with a well-trained support team.
- Opticians & Optical Managers
Our Career Opportunity Program promotes the development of teammates who show a desire to become an Optical
Manager with the Shopko Eye Care Centers. Perhaps the best part of the program is that no prior experience is
necessary to qualify. You bring the professional attitude, excellent customer service and communication skills,
and we provide the resources, support and training to become industry-certified and a leader with our organization.
- In 1978, Shopko was the first discount retailer in the U.S. to offer optical service
- Shopko Optometrists annually dispense nearly 700,000 prescriptions for eyewear
- Shopko Optometrists perform more than 380,000 eye exams annually
- Shopko is one of the 15 largest optical companies in the United States